Friday, April 24, 2009

Ugh

It's been an incredibly aweful week. Today was the worst by far. Julie hasn't been herself ever since having mono in Dec/Jan. The past couple months she's been complaining of aches and pains which for the first month I attributed to her recovering from mono and having her tonsils removed. The past couple/few weeks she's been complaining more and more about SO many different things. Belly aches, knee pain, dizziness, tiredness just to name a few. This past week has been the worst for her. We took her Tuesday to get bloodwork done that would tell us if she has Lyme or not. We are STILL waiting for the results. I had to pick her up from school today because her legs were bothering her so much and I could just tell she didn't feel well just by looking at her. The pediatrician was hoping the results would be in today but no such luck. I think he wanted to help preserve what very little sanity I have left so he went ahead and started her on a 28 day course of antibiotics. Nothing gained nothing lost if she turns out to not have lyme. I don't know what to think. On one hand if it were a positive result atleast we would have an answer to what is wrong with our little girl. If not it's back to square one and more tests. Can't win for losing...

2 comments:

Alix said...

I hope Julie feels better soon and you get some answer!!!

The Baxter Family said...

Poor Julie. That must be so frustrating for all of you. I hope they find out what's going on with her soon so that it can be fixed and she can feel like herself again.