Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More change

I'm on a bit of a health kick and I've been buying organic. So far it's been a big hit with the family. The favorite so far has been bananas. The kids and Carl LOVE the organic ones. The least favorite so far has been the milk. The kids don't mind it but Carl doesn't like it. Oh well, can't win them all. Another big hit is the organic carrots, they are very good. So far I've bought pizza, tomato sauce, bananas, milk, peanut butter, jelly, animal crackers, cheese, burritos, gold fish and graham crackers, chicken nuggets and corn dogs. I'm surprised that the prices on many of them are not much higher than for non organic groceries. Milk has been the only real price shocker thus far.
I think Kate from Jon & Kate plus 8 is starting to rub off on me with all her organizing and healthy foods. I only have half the amount of kids she does and she is way more organized with toys and meals than I. How bad is that? Snaps for trying though right?

2 comments:

Alix said...

Kate from Jom + Kate also has help that's not generally shown onscreen. :)

Snaps for trying! :)

Ashley said...

I am totally with you on this one. I have been buying organic since we got home from Vietnam. I also watch Jon and Kate all the time and decided if she could do it with 8 I could do it with 1. Well I still have a ways to go on that getting organized thing, but I'm working on it. Good luck with everything. Let me know how it all goes.