Sunday, January 11, 2009

A switch

We had to make a switch with Saige's formula today. As I've said before Saige is a really good eater. She eats tons of fruits and veggies every day. I make sure that she gets atleast one 4oz bottle of apple prune juice daily, yet this poor baby struggles with #2 and is irregular to say the least. After doing some online research today we switched her from Good Start 2 to Good Start with Natural Cultures. It has a little less iron and the natural cultures are supposed to be easier on her belly and good for her immune system. Time will tell. If all else fails she will have to go on Nutramigen. Two of my three other children had to be on it due to allergies so I don't know what made me think Saige would be any different. I really hope Good Start does the trick because the Nutramigen is UBER expensive and the stuff smells aweful.
Saige has also managed to get another cold. I'm telling you I've never seen a child with a runnier nose than Saige. Her nose runs like a sieve.
Julie is finally feeling better. Her bloodwork came back negative for mono and her 24 hour culture for strep also came back negative. She was put on an antibiotic at my insistance and she was feeling better by the next day. I think she had an infection in her tonsils but we'll never know because the dopey Dr. that saw her the first time never ordered a CBC along with the other tests.
The boys and Julie went sleigh riding yesterday and that was not without incident. Stephen came in the house with a bloody nose and scratched cheek. That pesky tree jumped right out in front of him.
Anyway, I've been busy organizing. I've made numerous trips to Walmart to get plastic bins to put lego's, littlest pet shops, ds games, barbie's and other toys in. I am most proud of how much room I made by simply taking the PS2, WII and Xbox CD's and putting them in an album. I bought a HUGE plastic bin to put the empty cases in and put it in the basement. The kids have so much more room in the closet now. Yep, it's the little things that make me the happiest.

I want to wish Xavier (Ali & JJ's son) a speedy recovery from his surgery on Friday.
xavierspage.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Ali & JJ said...

Thank you so much for thinking of us, all should go well, but you cant tell me that...(Insert picture of nerve wrecked mother).

On a related note, when we switched Xavier, he too seemed to struggle, he was on Enfamil Lipil and seemed to really like it. Now that he is completely on milk he no longer struggles. So like you I am also convinced it is a formula thing, and once they ar eoff it the better.

We too are experiencing the never ending runny nose.. Poor guy..

Thanks again for the shout out!